1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com).
3. Collecting personal information
3.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths]);
2. information that you provide to us when requesting a quote using our website (including [your email address, phone number and address]);
3. information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including [your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details]);
4. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including [your name and email address]);
5. information relating to any purchases you make of our [goods] OR [services] OR [goods and/or services] or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including [your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details]);
6. information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including [the communication content and metadata associated with the communication]); and
7. any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
3.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
4. Using personal information
4.2 We may use your personal information to:
1. send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
2. send you non-marketing commercial communications;
3. send you email notifications that you have specifically requested];
4. end you our email newsletter (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
5. send you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
6. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
4.3 If you submit personal information for publication on our website in the form of reviews, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
4.4 Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
4.5 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
5. Disclosing personal information
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to [any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors] insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
5.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means JM Solutions UK Ltd t/a MVLGroup and ManVanLondon) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
5.3 We may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
(e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. Retaining personal information
1.1 This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
1.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
1.3 Without prejudice to Section 7.2, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
(a) card details are not kept.
6.1 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
7. Security of personal information
1. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
2. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
3. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
4. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
1. We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
2. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
3. We may notify you of changes to this policy [by email or through the private messaging system on our website].
9. Your rights
1. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
2. the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)].
3. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
4. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
5. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
10. Third party websites
(a) Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
(b) We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11. Updating information
1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12.2 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
12.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
13. Our details
13.1 This website is owned and operated by JM Solutions UK Ltd t/a MVLGroup and Man Van London.
13.2 We are registered in [England and Wales] under registration number 6155195, and our registered office is at Unit 3C Beaver Industrial Estate, Brent Road, UB25FB.
13.3 Our principal place of business is at the above.
13.4 You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address [given above];
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on [the contact number published on our website from time to time]; or
(d) by email, using [the email address published on our website from time to time].